RYE GRAIN MUSHROOM GROW BAG – MAGIC MUSHROOM SUBSTRATE KIT
The Mushbag Rye contains no mycelium and is the best option if you want to grow mushroom spawn in bulk. Just add your own spores to the rye grain substrate and you are good to go! The sterilized 1400 grams of rye is the perfect feeding ground for your magic mushrooms, edibles or medicinal mushrooms.
Rye grain Mushroom grow bag – Magic Mushroom substrate kit
Magic Mushroom substrate kit Online You want a grow box without Mycelium? Here it is, the Mush bag Rye! This spawn or substrate bag contains 1200cc of sterilized rye grain. The Mushbag contains a heat-treated substrate that’s suitable for the spawn production of most edible and magic mushrooms. It’s equipped with a micro filter that allows it to breathe and a rubber injection port that seals the bag hermetically after injection with a spore syringe. Spores are not included in this grow kit but can be purchased from our spore collection
The Mushroom substrate bag is fitted with an air filter and rubber injection port that seals the bag hermetically after injection with a spore or mycelium syringe. Once the rye has been colonized by the mycelium, it can be used for a variety of cultivation methods.
- Mushbag with 1400 g sterilized rye
- Alcohol swab
- User manual
4-6 months. The production date is printed on the box. Do not store the Mushbag above a radiator or in the full sun.
Before you start. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile. Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms.
Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask.
Let’s get started and do the first step: Inoculate the liquid culture. If you want to inject spores from a spore syringe directly you can skip this step and move on to the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit”.
PREPARE THE LIQUID CULTURE
Wash your hands and clean the working area!
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very well to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swab.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution into the Liquid culture
Colonizing the Liquide Culture
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 day
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days
- Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium.
Important! If the liquid is murky, it means there is contamination and the culture is unusable.
If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected workspace. You will need:
- Mushbag Rye substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant Spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 5-10 ml of spore solution or use 25 ml of the Liquid Culture. This is enough spores to inoculate the Mushbag Rye Mushroom substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Disinfect it with an alcohol swab. Do not touch it again
- Shake the spore syringe very well for 5 till 10 seconds. This will get the spore of the sides and distribute them through the spore solution more evenly.
- Get the syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add all of the mushroom spore solutions in the substrate kit. If the flow blocks, gently pull the needle back a bit.
- Carefully squeeze and shake the bag to spread the spore suspension through the substrate.
- Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees
More On Magic Mushroom substrate kit
To allow the mycelium to develop and colonize the substrate you should keep the MushBag Rye in a dim space with a temperature between 23 – 27 degrees Celsius.
Kindly notify that lower temperatures will deteriorate the colonization or draw out the colonization season of the substrate. Temperatures under 15 degrees will stop the mycelium to develop.
Following 3-7 days you will see the mycelium beginning to develop from the spots were the spores were dropped. The mycelium seems as though cotton strings and turns out to be wirier while creating and colonizing the mushroom substrate.
The Mushbag can expand a piece.
Shaking the pack can quicken the development of mycelium
It takes 2 a month for the mycelium to colonize the substrate in the crate.
There are many methods to fruit mushrooms from the mush bag rye, the simple way is to open the bag on top. Make a casing layer of vermiculite on top of the substrate surface.
Add some moisture to the bag and close it with clothespins or some paper clips. When conditions are right you can have a great yield of mushrooms within weeks.
Download the manual in English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.